Let’s get this gem out of the way! Happy Fat Back Friday!
Now….onto the recipes!!!! So Pinterest is our savior when it comes to exciting new things to try for Paleo! You can follow us @ meatballsgetfit, Sara @ sbiddy5 or Jenny @ Jenny Smith. But here are some things that we’ve made that were super yummy!
This is what we made on St. Patty’s Day so that we didn’t feel deprived! It was an awesome meal. Here’s the step by step! Spoiler alert…I copped out and got the Alexa crinkle cut sweet potato fries bc I didn’t want to make one more thing!
Super Easy Wings
This wing recipe actually came from my dad
1-2 lbs organic chicken wings (I would get the drumsticks…they are slightly more expensive but I butchered my own connected wings and nearly killed myself in the process)
Favorite Hot Sauce (I used Frank’s Wing Sauce but I think I’ll just do good ol’ Texas Pete next time)
Directions: Preheat oven to 400
Salt, Pepper and paprika the wings to taste…for me this was copious amounts.
Lay wings out on a pan with a rim. Bake for 25 minutes, then take out and coat the wings with your choice of hot sauce. Put wings back in the oven for 5 minutes, then take back out, flip wings over and coat the other side with the wing sauce! Pop them back in for the final 5 and you are all set. I like my wings on the crispier side so I let them go under the broiler for a minute or two at the end, but watch out! This goes from yum to your house is on fire very quickly.
Paleo Crispy Baked Okra (this recipe and photo’s we got courtesy of Nourished and Grounded via pinterest)
- 1 lb Okra
- 2 TB coconut oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
[Did I mention this is SUPER simple?!?!]
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Wash and thoroughly dry the okra. Once dried, roughly chop okra and toss with coconut oil and seasoning. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stirring the mix once about halfway through. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Dairy-free Ranch (This recipe is courtesy of Grass Fed Girl via Pinterest)
2 cups coconut milk (I like this one) (full fat, canned)
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1 tbsp gluten free mustard
1 tsp paprika
Always use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Add everything to a bowl and stir until well combined.
Serve with your favorite veggies or salad.
This dressing lasts one week in the fridge.
Please Note: Don’t worry about it tasting like coconut because the herbs will mask that flavor.
dairy free ranch for pinterest
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake Bites (Paleo) (This recipe is courtesy Delighted Momma via Pinterest)
This was hands down the most labor intensive TOTALLY worth it dessert!
What you will need for the crust:
- 2 cups of almonds
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 3 cups of raw cashews
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1tbs of vanilla
* Filling adapted from here.
- 8-9 medium to large strawberries
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tbs honey
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Process until you have a sticky dough consistency.
- Take a small amount of crust and roll it into a ball. Then place it on the bottom of your muffin tin and press down firmly so it holds together.
- Clean your food processor (the only annoying part of this process) and place all the ingredients for the filling inside. Process until you have a smooth cheesecake filling consistency
- Layer the filling on top of the crust, leaving just a little bit of room for the topping.
- Place all of the strawberry topping ingredients into the food process and blend until you have a sauce like consistency. (Are you sick of me saying —- like consistency? I am haha)
- Add the topping on top of each mini cheesecake.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour or until they are set.